A former medical insurance executive turned health-care advocate told 150 spectators Saturday that the nation’s new health-reform law – while controversial to some and flawed to others – will benefit millions of Americans now and in the future.
Wendell Potter speaks at health-care forum
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- Pet Insurance Agency, Pets Best Insurance, Celebrates Company Anniversary During Septembers National Pet Health Insurance Month
- Advice on health care reform law offered at KC forums
- 2012: Patient’s (Doctor’s) Bill Of Rights – PPACA & ERISA Outlaws Anti-Assignment by Insurance Companies
- Medical Law, Ethics, and Bioethics for Ambulatory Health Care by Marcia A. Lewi