Tort Reform is Wrong Way to Try and Reduce Health Care Costs
Despite empirical evidence pointing to the contrary, public officials continue to point to “tort reform” as a method of reducing health care costs. The House Judiciary Committee recently held a hearing about the alleged correlation between “frivolous” medical malpractice lawsuits and sky rocketing health care costs. Even President Obama remarked that he would be open to reforming medical …
Read more on Injury Board
Health Care Reform Bill Declared Unconstitutional
Judge Roger Vinson, a U.S. district judge in Florida, has ruled that the health-care law is unconstitutional and that the entire law should be thrown out. The judge said that congress exceeded . . .
Read more on Gather
White House vows to implement health care reform, despite judge’s ruling
The Justice Department says it will appeal US District Judge Roger Vinson’s decision, which declared the health care reform law unconstitutional and void in its entirety.
Read more on The Christian Science Monitor
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post
- Health care bill…fact or fiction…….?