New York, NY (PRWEB) April 26, 2012
Independence Holding Company (NYSE:IHC) today announced the formation a new company, IHC Specialty Benefits, Inc. (IHC Specialty), which will accelerate IHCs growth into new niche lines of business.
Jeff Smedsrud, chief marketing officer of IHC, will be chief executive officer and president of the new company.
IHC Specialty will develop new health insurance products and services that are expected to be in greater demand as federal health care reform is implemented. The product lines contemplated for expansion include supplemental and ancillary insurance, such as accident, critical illness and pet insurance. A significant amount of products will be marketed directly to consumers through IHCs proprietary technology.
Dave Keller, former senior vice president of sales and marketing for IHC Health Solutions, and Brian Dow, former senior vice president of ecommerce and business development for IHC Health Solutions, are joining Smedsrud at IHC Specialty, along with nine other team members.
We have seasoned executives who are passionate about growing business and capitalizing on market trends. No matter what happens with health care reform, we have entered into a new world of how consumers buy and utilize health-related products. We plan to embrace this new shopping mentality by offering customized products and exchange platforms, said Smedsrud.
The company is partnering with large payers, accountable care organizations, and distributorsboth local and nationalto create product and consumer solutions.
IHC Specialty is a member of The IHC Group, an insurance organization composed of Independence Holding Company (NYSE:IHC), a publicly traded holding company with more than $ 1 billion in assets, and its operating subsidiaries. The IHC Group is composed of affiliated insurance carriers, marketing and administrative companies and agencies committed to providing excellent service and offering competitive health, life, disability, stop-loss, short-term medical, travel and dental insurance products to groups and individuals. The IHC Group has approximately $ 600 million in annual premium and fees.
Find out more information about IHC Specialty, contact Dave Keller at dave(dot)keller(at)ihcgroup(dot)com.
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post
Incoming search terms:
- barrack obama approval of chip
- Barak Obama launches micro chip
- barak obamas law for micro chips
- microchip approved for implementation in april 2013
- obama launches 2013
- obama launches micro chip