DRUG DEVELOPMENT HALTED: Indianapolis drugmaker Eli Lilly and Co. said Tuesday it stopped developing the potential Alzheimer’s disease treatment semagacestat when late-stage studies showed it did not slow the disease, and patients taking it fared worse than those on a placebo.
See the article here:
Summary Box: Lilly halts Alzheimer’s drug
- (AFX UK Focus) 2010-06-02 00:49 UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA approves Amgen osteoporosis drug
- Anadys hepatitis C drug meets key study goals
- Bristol-Myers reports diabetes drug results
- Amgen seeks cancer approval for bone loss drug
- Amgen’s Prolia Has the Potential to Steal a Prominent Share of the Osteoporosis Market