Question by I.P.O.C.: Question about health care rights of patients in America?
I live in Missouri and have many medical issues that cause massive amounts of pain, but every time I see a doctor or go to the ER they never give me anything for the pain, why is this?
And do people in America with severe pain have a right to get pain medicine?
I dont have health insurance, I was denied because of pre-existing conditions, but Ive been to the ER and to local walk in clinics and they wont treat me, they just give me a blood test and kick me out and sent me a $ 6000 bill.
Answer by John J. S
You do not have the right to go to hospitals and ask for pain medications. You start showing up and they immediately go to “Druggie looking for a fix.” Missouri claims only that you have the right to live, not that you have the right to medical treatment and prescription drugs you can not afford.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post