Push your health care insurer to pay more
If your bill isn't covered, your therapist may be very willing to reduce her price, says Joel Press, a physiatrist at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. Thanks to a 2008 parity law, if you work at a firm with over 50 workers that offers mental …
Read more on CNN
How Savvy Healthcare Consumerism Improves Your Bottom Line
Review healthcare bills. Inspect just as you would a restaurant bill. Billing mistakes do occur. Shop around — you're the customer. Price variations run rampant in healthcare, and the highest price doesn't always mean the highest quality.
Read more on MarketWatch (press release)
Healthcare Legal News – May 16, 2012 • Volume 2, Number 4
Millennium Lawsuit By L. Pahl Zinn, and Christian G. Ohanian As healthcare and antitrust enforcement by governmental agencies increases, private parties are increasingly bringing antitrust and state unfair competition claims.
Read more on JD Supra (press release)
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Mississippi leaders hold health care forum
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post