Anchor on camera: A crowd of over 3000 people gathered at the Fieldhouse in Iowa City on Thursday to listen to President Obama speak about the historic healthcare bill he signed last Sunday. (VO) The young and the old stood in line anticipating Obamas speech about the healthcare bill. It was Obamas first time in Iowa City since he promised radical healthcare reform three years ago during his presidential campaign. But not everyone was there to listen to President Obama. Hundreds of protestors met outside the Fieldhouse to send a message to the president and there was plenty of anger and frustration to go around. SOT Scattered about the mass of protestors were people showing President Obama their support and thanks for the bill. SOT (VO) The bill will not be in full effect until 2014, and many hope for a public option, but others just hope that the November elections would get here sooner. With Daily Iowan TV, Im Rachel Bjerke.
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post
Incoming search terms:
- Obama Care bad facts
- bad facts about obama care
- bad things about obama care
- obama care facts bad
- negative facts about obama care
- how bad is obamacare for america
- bad facts on obama care
- negative obama care facts
- negitive facts on obama care
- to obama care facts negative