Number of Older Inmates Grows, Stressing Prisons
… rate than the group's share of the population at large, and many prisons are unprepared to provide them with health care, which can cost as much as nine times more than for younger inmates, Human Rights Watch said in a report released Friday.
Read more on New York Times
One of the largest federal civil rights settlements in history involving an inmate
Stephen Slevin, 58, from New Mexico, was given the payout after accusing Dona Ana County jail of essentially forgetting about him after he was arrested for driving while intoxicated, not giving him the healthcare he needed and treating him inhumanely.
Read more on Daily Mail
Bishop Jenky: New birth control rules 'blatant attack' on rights of Catholics
… on the First Amendment rights of every Catholic believer,” Bishop Daniel Jenky of the Peoria Diocese issued a call this week for parishes to fight rules on birth control coverage that are part of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
Read more on Bloomington Pantagraph
- Young adults allowed to stay on parents’ insurance until age 26 under health reform
- N.C. could save millions on inmates’ care
- ResMed 4Q profit grows 17 percent as sales rise
- Conmed 4Q profit grows due to new business
- Number of abortions continues to fall in Minnesota
Incoming search terms:
- bishop jenky birth control letter
- bishop jenky letter regarding federal health care entire text
- nc inmate health care facts
- number of older inmates grows stressing prisons