Schenectady, NY (PRWEB) June 28, 2012
The Supreme Courts decision today allowed the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to remain in place. MVP has been prepared for this decision. All along the company has complied with the ACA and is actively moving forward with the next steps in the health care reform process, including preparing to sell individual market policies through the state health insurance exchanges in 2014.
The Courts decision on the Medicaid expansion in general will not have an effect in the markets MVP servesNew Hampshire, New York and Vermontwhich currently maintain Medicaid eligibility for the most part at thresholds that meet the ACA requirements.
Now that the ACA has been upheld by the Court, it is time to continue the work of reforming the health care system. This includes addressing Americas real health care problem by introducing legislation to reduce the unsustainable increases in the cost of health care services and products, said David Oliker, MVPs President and CEO. Some of the most promising ways to control costs are to incentivize providers for delivering quality outcomes in a cost efficient way, to promote the use of evidence-based medicine, and to encourage the meaningful use of Health Information Technology/Electronic Medical Records and e-prescribing.
MVP supports many of the goals of the ACA, such as making sure all Americans have meaningful, affordable health coverage and access to high-quality health care. However, MVP has told policymakers throughout the process that there are parts of the ACA that will not work as designed.
Specifically, these aspects of the ACA should be reconsidered:
- Health Plan Week Finds Cigna Corp. CEO Had the Highest Total Compensation Package of Any Publicly Traded Health Insurer CEO in 2011
- Ultimate Guide to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA or ACA) – Understanding Obamacare and Your Health Care Insurance Options, New Plans, Programs, Bill of Rights, Full Text of Law
- The Affordable Care Act – Helping Small Businesses
- NEW Health Insurance Exchanges Under the Affordable Care Act by Paperback Book
- President Obama – US Health Care Act