Morning Read: HAIs and readmissions, best hospital practices for heart attack care
Hospitals with the best heart attack survival rates have strong doctor-nurse teamwork, monthly meetings between hospital clinicians and paramedics, and a pharmacist on the daily care team. Yale researchers also found that fewer than 10 percent of …
Read more on MedCity News
Inside look at Oswego's BOE
Look at the pros and cons then make an informed decision,” Allen said when she ran for the board in 2010. “Fiscally responsible decisions affecting the school district need planning and vision. I'm honest, approachable, open-minded and not afraid to …
Read more on PallTimes.com
Lords debate Queen's Speech (Day One)
Your Lordships' House spent many hours in the previous Session on the Health and Social Care Bill, now an Act. Throughout the Bill were woven duties about the integration of health and social care, but it was silent on key issues around social care.
Read more on DeHavilland (press release) (subscription)
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Mississippi leaders hold health care forum
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post