International and multi-faith in scope, this important text engages with the need to integrate the scientific basis of healthcare more fully with spiritual, religious and ethical values. Based on the principle of ‘medicine of the person’, an attitude that embeds personal relationships and ethics in medical practice, the text considers the ideas of Paul Tournier, an influential figure whose thinking has had a substantial impact on the spiritual and psychosocial aspects of routine patient care, particularly in national health services. Bridging the gap between the basic sciences and faith traditions, the contributors cover notions of personhood in different faiths, and its consideration in spirituality and mental health issues, general practice issues, public health, home care for the elderly and neuroscience. This volume offers a broad spectrum of approaches to the needs of patients that is central to the students of the health disciplines and managers in these fields.
List Price: $ 36.95
Price: $ 24.30
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post