Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals, Second Edition is the ideal resource for legal and ethical dilemmas facing health care professionals today. This book will help readers prepare for the ethical issues they will experience on the job and teach them how to evaluate the right and wrong courses of action when faced with complicated legal problems. Through contemporary topics presented with a real-world perspective, readers will develop the critical thinking skills needed for the moral decisions they will encounter in the health care environment. The Second Edition now contains several new features, including real-life scenarios described in Case Studies, Reality Checks, and People Stories as well as Discussion Questions and a Chapter Review at the end of each chapter. Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals, Second Edition is the ideal introductory legal and ethical text for all health professions students. Features: Presents legal and ethical concepts in an accessible manner; Reviews basic principles of ethics and law;Discusses how ethics and the law are involved in all decisions made in health care settings; Presents true-to-life case studies
List Price: $ 104.95
Price: $ 25.82
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics by Au