Question by shadow886: how does the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act effect people under age 26?
If I am under the age of 26, I can go under my parents heath care plan. But i am having a hard time finding the exclusions. If I am 26 and my employer offers (way to high price) insurance, can I still go on my parents? Any other exclusions anyone has found.
Answer by Smiling
Starting Sept 23, if you are under 26 you can go on your parents health insurance if:
1. your parents allow you to
2. you are not eligible for insurance through your own employer (it does not matter the cost)
If you are 26 or older, you are not eligible for your parents insurance.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post