Question by Lover: How does the health care system work in Singapore?
Is health care in Singapore free like in the UK and other European countries? Or do people have to pay to get check ups, have surgery, use the hospital, etc?
What if somebody is poor and they can’t afford to pay for health care?
And what happens if somebody is living in Singapore but is not a Singaporean citizen?
Answer by baba
In Singapore there is no free health care. We pay
for all the services however citizen pay much less.
All working singaporean will have an government run insurance
(the citizen themselves contribute to the cost of insurtainsurance will ensure citizen will not overly burden by too much medical cost.
For Singaporeans there are safeguards to ensure everyone can have reasonable care.
non citizen pay more or can choose to have private insurance.
I am a Singaporean
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post