Conversational, relevant, and engaging, HEALTH LAW AND MEDICAL ETHICS, 1/e is today’s most effective introduction to health law and medical ethics. The only book of its kind, it combines a visual, engaging, and modern design with scrupulous accuracy about the law, reflecting the author’s experience as a legal professional. It addresses the most recent trends in law and ethics, treating both areas with equal depth and insight, and demonstrating their deep interconnections. Coverage includes: how the law works; responsibilities of healthcare professionals; medical records, insurance, torts, and negligence; ethical decision-making; the beginning and end of life; bioethics; the future of healthcare, issues associated with diversity, and much more. Pedagogical features include many case studies and case analyses, Legal Alert and “Concept Application” boxes, discussion questions, and a glossary.
List Price: $ 78.00
Price: $ 37.55
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Mississippi leaders hold health care forum
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post