Health care reform in the hands of Supreme Court
14 decided to consider several matters contained in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, signed into law in March 2010. Among the issues drawing the attention of the nine justices is the individual mandate that everyone purchase health …
Read more on Evansville Courier & Press
Review claims unreasonably high premiums
The US Department of Health and Human Services said that Everence Insurance of Pennsylvania is charging small businesses unreasonably high premium increases, according to the first federal rate review under the Affordable Care Act. Everence Insurance, …
Read more on Chambersburg Public Opinion
Berwick on health care: 'We have a wealth of good ideas, but they still need …
And back in Texas, Baylor Hospital has been doing some very innovative things, using outreach workers to coordinate care from the very first minute. In all of those cases, one theme is coordination. That's also a big theme in the Affordable Care Act. …
Read more on Washington Post (blog)
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post