Health Care and Utilitarianism. In light of the current Health Care Bill and Health Care Debate, I found this old video on H1N1, Death Panels, etc. I know, I know, Logan’s Run had people “terminated” at 30 (not 40) (actually, it was 21 in the book), but I still make my point about the slippery slope related to utilitarian ethics and resource allocation models applied to health care and life decisions. Vote carefully dear representatives — Indeed, everything we know about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is ultimately at stake!
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill HR3200 – Key Points
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post
Incoming search terms:
- utilitarianism in health care
- utilitarianism in healthcare
- utilitarianism ethics in health care
- utilitarian ethics in health care
- examples of utilitarianism in health care
- utilitarianism and health care
- utilitarianism health care
- utilitarian health care reform
- health care reform and utilitarianism
- utilitarianism and health care reform