Eleven states, D.C. back Obama on health law
By Paige Winfield Cunningham President Obama signs the health care bill at the White House on March 23, 2010, flanked smiling supporters from the House and Senate, and Vicki Kennedy (behind Mr. Obama's right shoulder), widow of Sen. …
Read more on Washington Times
GOP looks to formally terminate healthcare law's CLASS program
By Pete Kasperowicz – 01/17/12 12:25 PM ET House Republicans returned this week with their sights on terminating a part of the 2010 healthcare law the Obama administration has acknowledged is unworkable. The House Ways & Means Committee this week will …
Read more on The Hill (blog)
AHRQ: US healthcare spending highly concentrated
Individuals in the bottom half of the healthcare spending distribution had a mean expenditure of $ 232. The total healthcare bill in the US was $ 1.26 trillion in 2009, according to AHRQ. “Studies that examine the persistence of high levels of …
Read more on CMIO
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Mississippi leaders hold health care forum
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post