The role of Eisenhower in supporting early proposals for health care and a press conference by President Johnson lobbying for Medicare.
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- How much money is deducted from social security check for medicare?
- Are there certain health care benefits you feel should not be covered by Medicare or Medicaid? Explain your an?
- What is the difference between Railroad Medicare and regular Medicare?
- Medicare Magee Medicare Debate Ryan Plan Vs Obama Plan Facts not Fiction! Misinformation!
Incoming search terms:
- Eisenhower Medicare
- eisenhower medicare proposal
- Eisenhower and Medicare
- medicare 1960s now
- eisenhower health care bill
- Eisenhower nad Medicare
- eisenhower on medicare
- health care bill of 1960s
- Eishenhower and medicare