9/11 Health Care Bill Gets One Vote Closer
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The 9/11 health care bill has its first Republican vote in the Senate. At a press conference this afternoon, Republican Congressman Peter King said that Mark Kirk, the Illinois congressman who won Barack Obama’s old seat, will support the bill. “He’s told me he’ll definitely vote for the bill–no ifs, ands, or buts. He’s voting for the bill,” King said to applause from the …
Read more on The New York Observer
Stressful deadline looms for Medicare recipients
With Congress passing a new health care bill and private contractors dropping coverage for some seniors, local Medicare advocates are reporting a rise in stress and confusion – a problem given an annual looming deadline.
Read more on The MetroWest Daily News
AU presenter explains health care bill
AURORA — Aurora University students were happy to hear Tuesday that the federal Affordable Health Care Act will let them stay on their parents’ health insurance until they’re 26, even if they’ve finished school and started working. They were also pleased to hear the law, which started taking effect in …
Read more on The Beacon News
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Mississippi leaders hold health care forum
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post