Yes, Democrat’s screwed up in how they brought this bill to the house floor. However, the bill did not pass due to Republican opposition- the given reason being that it was to be financed by instituting a “new tax”, which was in fact closing a loop-hole in tax law that allowed some foreign companies to avoid paying taxes on profits made in the U.S.. The only legitimate reasoning for striking down this bill (which would have provided free healthcare to the responders of 9-11 for illnesses directly deriving from conditions at the disaster site), is more or less that the GOP is dedicated to opposing the Democratic majority at even petty opportunities. Can anyone justify this?
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- What does this new health care law mean for uninsured people who need coverage?
- Landmark Inside Story America New Health Care Law and What I-Washington Post
- Pet Insurance Agency, Pets Best Insurance, Celebrates Company Anniversary During Septembers National Pet Health Insurance Month
- What do you think about the new health care law? What are the justifications on either side?