Airdate 10/25/09 U.S. taxpayers are being charged for an arm and a leg – prosthetics, that is, and thousands of them – as part of a huge Medicaid and Medicare billing scam that’s siphoning off an estimated $90 billion a year. In South Florida, Medicare fraud has pushed aside cocaine as the major criminal enterprise. The problem is so serious that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has organized a federal strike force. Steve Kroft reports.
This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com’s standard return policy will apply.
- Medicare Tax? Health Care for the Elderly? Let’s look at the facts about the proposed Medicare Tax … and a medical care program for the aged that already exists! What’s the hurry here? The supporters of the proposed Medicare Tax would have you believe that passage of this controversial bill is urgent … that persons over 5 are deprived of needed medical care because they can’t pay for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Kerr-Mills Law, passed by Congress in 1960 – enabled individual states to guarantee to every elderly person who needs help the health care he or she requires. We call this health program … Health Opportunity for the Elderly. Thousands of people every day are being helped by its generous benefits. And unlike Medicare, which would substantially increase your Social Security Tax payroll deductions, existing programs are being paid for now by a part of your present tax dollar! Medicare? NO. Health Care for the Elderly? YES! ….. 1964 American Medical Association Ad, A5157.
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … Act 2009 / 2010″) 2,409 pages — Searchable
- Dentist sentenced for health care fraud
- Employers’ Health Cost Savings of up to $945 Billion Possible from Risk Reduction and Prevention over Next Decade
- H.R. 3590 – The Health Care Reform Bill as passed on March 21, 2010 — Complete text signed by President Barack Obama (also known as “Health Reform” and … 2009 / 2010″) – 2,409 pages — Searchable